Hi, Hey, Hello!
So I was doing some reading and basically seeking some kind of inspiration because my well has very much run dry right now when I saw this post over on Bronagh’s Beauty and Books. And then before I knew it I was giving it a go and this is the product.
1) How many times do you wash your face daily?
I do it twice a day. Once in the morning, once at night (and a third time if there is make up involved).
2) What skin type do you have? (dry, oily or combination)
Combination/oily, which is annoying as hell because it was fine up until Easter this year and then my T-zone decided to revert back to that of 15 year old me.
3) What is your current facial wash?
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is my current one as I had to start trying to combat the whole changing skin type thing.
4) Do you exfoliate?
Yeah, I try to do it twice a week and then my deep cleansing weekly face mask tends to have exfoliating qualities.
5) What brand do you use?
For my face, Liz Earle and Lush mainly.
6) What moisturiser do you use?
I swear by Vaseline Intensive Cocoa Body Butter.
7) Do you have freckles?
No, I don’t.
8) Do you use eye cream?
I have just finished my Liz Earle Superskin eye cream that I got as a freebie and I really loved it, but I don’t know if I am going to repurchase it because it’s a tad expensive. I usually use them though so I’m sure I’ll find another one soonish.
9) Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Not acne, but I am prone to spots and again for some reason spots have decided to invade my face with a vengeance.
10) Did you ever use ProActiv?
No, it has honestly never occurred to me to do so.
11) What foundation do you use?
Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation and Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Mineral Make Up (which I have just discovered has been discontinued and has broken my heart a little bit…).
12) How about concealer?
Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Concealer and Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick.
13) Do you know your undertone colour?
I think it’s yellow, but I have never bothered to find out.
14) What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I think if they’re done right they can look great, just not necessarily for me.
15) Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
I did know that. They don’t tend to last that long anyway, so I’m not that fussed.
16) What brand of mascara do you use?
I am mildly obsessed with Urban Decay Perversion mascara right now, so I will probably repurchase that soon. Otherwise I can strongly recommend Mabyelline Push Up Drama.
17) Sephora or Mac?
Sephora doesn’t exist here, so Mac.
18) Do you have a MAC Pro-Card?
19) What make-up tools do you use in make-up application?
I use all (or at least most) base and cheek Real Techniques brushes at some point in the application process.
20) Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yup, Smashbox’s one.
21) For the face?
Again, Smashbox. And occasionally Mac.
22) What is your favourite eye shadow? (Colour or Shade)
I don’t actually wear eye shadow, but I tend to veer towards darker colours if I ever decided to go there.
23) Do you use pencil or liquid eye-liner?
Liquid all the way.
24) How often do you poke your eyes with an eye liner pencil?
Never. I don’t use a pencil and I can’t be bothered to ever tightline my eyes so the chances of me doing that are minimal.
25) What do you think of pigment eye shadows?
26) Do you use mineral make-up?
I do use a mineral foundation, but given that I just found out that it has been discontinued I guess I won’t be for now, although Mac do a mineral one so maybe I’ll schlepp my ass to a Mac counter and get my shade for that.
27) What is your favourite lipstick?
Mac Diva and Dark Side (which has been established as the same colour in different finishes).
28) How about lip gloss?
Haven’t been near one since I was about 15.
29) What is your favourite blush?
I don’t wear blush either.
30) Do you buy make-up on e-bay?
I avoid e-bay because the two times I have been on it I have bought things that I 100% did not need and now I have two book sets in my possession that I have no time to read (and I honestly don’t even know if I really want to read them…).
31) Do you like drug store make-up?
Yeah, Maybelline is the one for me when it comes to eyeliner.
32) Do you go to CCO’s? (Cosmetic Company Outlets)
Honestly, what the hell even is that?
33) Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yeah actually. For a while I convinced myself myself that being MAC make up artist was a thing that would actually be a good idea.
34) Are you clumsy in putting on make-up?
No, I am meticulous about that shit.
35) Name a make-up crime.
Unblended make up.
36) Do you like colourful shades of make-up (lipstick, eye shadow) or neutral tones?
I am all about colourful lips, other than that I keep it pretty neutral.
37) Which celebrity always has great make-up?
Purely because she has been everywhere recently promo-ing films and stuff, Margot Robbie literally always stunning.
38) If you could leave the house with just ONE Make-up item, what would you use?
Brow Shaper…or mascara.
39) Could you ever leave the house without any make-up on?
That’s my default. I don’t have that kind of time in the morning because I need sleep more than anything.
40) Do you think you look good even without any make-up on?
It never occurred to me that I didn’t. I’ve had some pretty bad skin problems but at the end of the day, yeah I look fine without it on.
41) In your opinion, what is the BEST make-up line?
I mean, Bobbi Brown house all my base products which are like my most important make up items (even though this whole discontinued thing has really thrown me) so I would say that. But I love a few others as well.
42) What do you think of Make-up?
I think it is great and the possibilities that it holds are endless and fascinating to me. It’s like an art form.
And that’s it. 42 beauty related questions answered. Give it a shot if you fancy, I’d love to read your answers!
Parentheses count: 8. See you tomorrow!
Find me here: