Hi, Hey, Hello!
So, I had an idea at 3am…in January when I was trying to sleep but couldn’t (nothing all that new there, but I digress) and it didn’t sound totally stupid. I mean it was 3am, not a lot sounds stupid at 3am when all you can think is maybe if I get this idea out into words it will leave me alone and let me sleep.
Right, so hear me out because it is what this blog is all about for the WHOLE of April. As you may remember last year, in October or whatever, I became full on obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack. I mean it is still on regular rotation in my life because it can’t not be, but it has stopped consuming my every waking moment, I even managed to not listen to it for weeks…except for when it’s 3am in winter and I think this is a good idea.
Basically the idea is as follows: I am taking lyrics from the soundtrack and using them as a springboard for something. Anything. The only rule is that it has to be at least 1,000 words because I am also committing to Camp Nano again this month and my goal for it is 30,000 words. Just a small goal then. And also a totally crazy one. But there we go.
There are 46 songs on this album (47 in the show in total) and obviously there are only 30 days in the month of April. So some songs aren’t being used (sorry King George and also some are just to damn short and ya know, to do completely with the plot). I am also probably gonna work through them chronologically, that might not happen depending on how this month goes, but that is my current intention.
The plan for this month is therefore as follows:
- Alexander Hamilton
- Aaron Burr, Sir – Sorry, not getting one.
- My Shot
- The Story of Tonight
- The Schuyler Sisters
- Farmer Refuted – Nope.
- You’ll Be Back – Again, no.
- Right Hand Man – this should be fun…
- A Winter’s Ball – No.
- The Story of Tonight (Reprise) – Nope.
- Wait For It
- Stay Alive
- Ten Duel Commandments – Gotta love a challenge, which this will definitely be.
- Meet Me Inside – No.
- That Would Be Enough
- Guns and Ships – I might live to regret this one, butttt…
- History Has It’s Eyes On You
- Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)
- What Comes Next? – Still sorry King George.
- Dear Theodosia
- Non-Stop – This one will be interesting to say the least.
- What’d I Miss
- Cabinet Battle #1 – No. I don’t even know if my brain could make that possible.
- Take A Break
- Say No To This
- The Room Where it Happens
- Schulyer Defeated – It’s barely even a minute.
- Cabinet Battle #2 – I’m am striking off both cabinet battles. Too complicated.
- Washington on Your Side – No. Just no. I love it, but where would I even begin with it. I get too distracted by Daveed Diggs.
- One Last Time
- I Know Him – I feel like the end of this song is just gonna speak to me on a deeply personal level for the rest of the month, but still no.
- The Adams Adminstration – Nope.
- We Know – Probably not.
- Hurricane – I am looking forward to this one tbh.
- The Reynolds Pamphlet – There is ONE line that I am gonna try and make this work with. Let’s see how that goes.
- Burn – So much opportunity, also looking forward to this one.
- Blow Us All Away
- Stay Alive (Reprise)
- It’s Quiet Uptown – There might be tears.
- Election of 1800 – No.
- Your Obedient Servant – I mean it won’t be easy, but we’ll get there.
- Best of Wives and Best of Women – Nah.
- The World Was Wide Enough
- Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story?
And that’s it. That is the next 30 days on this blog. I might come out the other side a broken woman. I might not. See you on the other side.
Parentheses count: 5. See you tomorrow!
Find me here: