Hi, Hey, Hello!
So I did a little two month update on this…two months ago and I thought it would be a good idea to just keep checking in with the whole intentions thing and well, it’s now been four months since it all started (it’s mental that we are already in May) and so we’re due a check in.
1) Take Better Care of My Hair – Listen, this is going quite well at the moment. Funnily enough (and can I just say that I always knew this but was stubborn) the key to healthy hair is having it regularly cut…who knew (again I did…but…yeah you guessed it, stubborn). So once all that dead dead hair was gone it was a whole new ball game. Getting moisture back into it is actually possible and my curls actually have a decent curl pattern and they most cooperate with me. And the frizz situation isn’t actually all that bad anymore and yeah it’s still kind of big but it’s manageable. So that one is coming along nicely. I’ll have to have another trim in the next couple of months, but if I keep doing what I’m doing this one has almost mostly taken care of.
2) Take Better Care of My Skin – I’ve still not really made any changes to this one. I almost did completely have an overhaul of my skin care routine but that seemed a little bit extreme over some breakouts that were most definitely just linked to my cycle. I’m also still trying to nail the whole daily SPF thing because I’ve not quite yet found one yet that has done good things to my skin, they just tend to make my combination skin oily and shiny and that’s not fun. So I’m still having a play around with small changes at the moment and at some point I might deal with the pigmentation issues that have returned, but last time that just sort of faded of it’s own accord. Oh and also, I’m getting better at the spot picking thing in theory. I mean if I don’t have spots then I can’t pick them…when I do though…yeah still a problem.
3) Tone The Hell Up – Easter happened to me and that really fucked with my diet (it also coincide with that part of my cycle so it all really went to hell then), but I’m starting to get it back on track slowly but surely. I’ve cut back again on the sugar and I’m upping my fruit and veg intake, that’s getting easier because now some of my favourite fruits are coming back into season so I can get them back into my life (strawberries I’m looking at you). My exercise routine for the most part is pretty much the same, so yeah this one is just sort of plodding along and doing what it’s gonna do, but I will say that I feel like I am getting stronger and given that I do classes with repeated instructors they have also commented on the fact that I am getting stronger. So it’s moving along nicely enough.
4) Start Saving Properly – I’ve started transferring a sum of money out of my bank account on pay day into a savings account and then forgetting about it. That’s all I got right now. I have another plan to up this but that will have to come later in the year
5) Get Better Organised – Oh this has totally fallen apart. To be honest with you I actually forgot about it. I’m still chaotically organised it’s currently still working mostly fine for me. Oh that bullet journal of mine has totally fallen apart again, it lasted like a month in total. It’s a habit I need to form and I am terrible at forming habits…and at breaking them.
6) Try And Be More Creative/Just Write More – I could not tell you were I am with this shit man. On the one hand yes, I am being more creative and stuff. But then on the other it is all happening in bursts so it doesn’t necessarily feel like it’s happening. And for the most part I’m only working to those bursts, which I really shouldn’t be doing. I feel like at some point I’m going to have just set a word count for this project that I have (the one that I kept ambiguously banging on about throughout April) and try to hit it everyday. But not be stupid about it because that won’t make it any better. So yeah, I’m a bit confuddled by this. It’s happening, but it’s also not.
And that’s where we are at with this right now. There are habits forming and I guess that’s the point of it all.
Parentheses count: 6. See you tomorrow!
Find me here: