Hi, Hey, Hello!
I’m gonna level with you, I broke glass for emergency tag post today because it was supposed to be a review. But I could not find the words for it yesterday when I was trying to write it so I pushed it back and then when I got home from work today I still couldn’t do it. So I pushed it back again and then panicked, because I had nothing else.
But good old reliable YouTube black holes provided and so I ended up with this because YouTube always provides and my recommended videos are a strange place to be and it combines two of my favourite things in books and coffee.
1. Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans.
I’m kind of scared to involved in anything to do with Sarah J Maas. I randomly have book 5 from the Throne of Glass series (it was signed, I have a problem, I know) but I’m scared to actually start it. Those fans be passionate.
2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.
I mean My True Love Gave to Me is just pure festive. It’s full of warm fuzzy Christmas feelings and it’s delightful. However my Christmas time reading will be all Hamilton related, because yes, that is how I plan on finishing out this reading year.
3. Hot chocolate: What is your favourite children’s book?
Double Act. I’ve said this so many times before
4. Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train
5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
At the moment nothing. But at one point I saw Cassandra Clare a lot on my commute into work, and I was one of those people for a large chunk of this year.
6. That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout
I feel bad in that I don’t read much from indie authors…but I feel like people need to talk about Jessie Burton more. The Muse was nothing short of pure genius wrapped in stunning writing.
7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.
I have so many and yet initially I could not think of a single one. Our Chemical Hearts was the first one that eventually came to mind. It just didn’t do it for me.
8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter sweet but ultimately satisfying.
Oh look, here we are. Turns out I can’t go a book post without bringing this up. It’s Harry Potter…
And there we have my emergency book tag post done.
Give it a shot if you like, I would love to read them.
Parentheses count: 1. See you tomorrow!
Find me here: