Hi, Hey, Hello!
And so we have reached the final day of the month, which can only mean one thing:
I go into full on Christmas mode from tomorrow. Kind of.
I’m weirdly feeling more festive this year than I ever have before like the Ice Queen is melting or some shit. I don’t know what to do with it. It might be because life has gotten super stressful these past few weeks and I’m seeking solace in the festive cheer.
But anyway, to round out this bookish month I’m going to start talking about next year’s reading list. I’ve still got 5 books left to read this year and there are officially less than 5 weeks left of the year so I really need to get a move on there. However the other day I found myself slowly starting to piece together 2018’s reading list…because the TBR list is never done. In fact it just gets longer.
Every day it gets longer.
This list isn’t fully formed because for the most part I’m just currently looking at the books that I actually possess and if I think about it too much then I focus on it too much and then the fear sets in because like I said, this year’s hasn’t finished yet, and yet I’m thinking about all the possibilities for the future. It all gets a bit too much.
But the list has been slightly formed and this is where we are at:
1) The Red Queen, Victoria Aveyard – Look, this was on my list anyway, but I bought it when I did because I stumbled across a display of it and they were all gorgeous special editions that I felt compelled to buy. And so I did.
2) London Fields, Martin Amis – I’ve already said why I bought this, and therefore it has to be on the list because otherwise the purchase will have been pointless.
3) The Girl of Ink and Stars, Kiran Millwood Hargrave – Again, I bought this on a whim, so I gotta read it.
4) Fight Cub, Chuck Palahniuk – I am actually quite looking forward to reading this book.
5) A Darker Shade of Magic, VE Schwab – Again, I am quite looking forward to reading this, I love me a fantasy book.
6) Shockaholic, Carrie Fisher – I’m so reluctant to read this because I feel like getting involved with Fisher is gonna make me emo, but also I really wanna get in there.
7) Postcards From he Edge, Carrie Fisher – I am just gonna go on a Fisher thing next year I can sense it. These are just the ones that I own, there are still 5 more out there.
8) Big Little Lies, Lianne Moriarty – I’ve obviously seen the TV adaptation and so it was inevitable that I was going to read the book.
9) The Handmaid’s Tale, Margaret Atwood – This book has been on my list for years and it was finally handed to me by R after she finished reading it in August sometime, so the time will finally be upon us.
10) the princess saves herself in this one, amanda lovelace – I really do need to read more poetry. And this is currently the only one that I have.
11) The Uncommon Type, Tom Hanks – I 100% bought this because it was signed by Tom Hanks and also because I was intrigued by what his style of writing would be like.
12) The Shadow of the Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafron – This book was gifted to me by someone at work and they said that they lost a whole day reading it and that they thought I would like it. It’s gonna be an early read I think because they are interested in what I think about it.
13) Throne of Glass, Sarah J Maas – I do not own this book, but I do have the 5th one and well I’ve gotta start somewhere with this to justify that ridiculous purchase (I’ve mentioned this before…it’s signed.)
14) All That She Can See, Carrie Hope Fletcher – I was a bit undecided on her first novel but I’ve read the first couple of chapters and I am intrigued by the concept, so I’m looking forward to cracking this open.
15) The Little Friend, Donna Tartt – I have loved her other two books and I am so excited by this one just because I love her style of writing.
16) Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert – I’m gonna give in to the hype and read this book. I got pretty edition and everything.
17) Caraval, Stephanie Garber – This has literally only just physically entered my life. I forgot that I pre-ordered the paperback version of it because I did it months ago and well, the publication date has just swung on around.
18) Now I Rise, Kiersten White – I am so excited to read this sequel, I loved the first book so damn much and I cannot wait to get back to Lada and Radu.
19) Godsgrave, Jay Kristoff – Same as above. I need Mia and her world back in my life.
20) Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen – I’m gonna give this another try. It’s time.
21) The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck – Again, it’s also time to give this another try.
And that’s it so far. And these are just the books that I currently own. I haven’t even really thought about the ones that I don’t currently, but want to. Like the rest of the Lunar Chronicles series, the Miss Peregrine series, any of the books that are on that TBR list and that Unread list that is what started this whole mess. These are just the ones physically available to me at the drop of a hat. And I have a few books on pre-order already for next year. And it’s all just too much.
There’s just a lot of books…
Parentheses count: 1. See you tomorrow!
Find me here: