Hi, Hey, Hello!
What up, coming at you with another tag post, and am slowly trickling Christmassy based posts onto this blog. I’ve been feeling weirdly un-Scrooge like this year. Maybe because I just need some festive fun in my life while it all just gets super stressful outside of that. But anyway, back the point, I’m feeling festive, it’s December, this is kind of a version of Blogmas. I saw this over here and now here we are.
I should just say, I’m just talking about books in general. The books I have to read this month are set in stone. I’m just getting excited about all the possibilities that will open up to me once I’ve wrapped this challenge up.
Done rambling, let’s get on with it.
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
Ummmmm…I don’t know…I guess The Curses, Laure Eve. Which isn’t happening until around late summer next year I think. I’ve tried to stop thinking about pre-orders because I have a serious problem with them and I’ve bought so many this year that I really shouldn’t have. This one is currently on pre-order, and I’m sure I’ll find loads more to add to the list soon. But for now, it’s that.
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it’s praises?
JK Rowling, obviously. And then also Neil Gaiman, let’s be real I could wax on about American Gods and Neverwhere for actual days.
3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
The Bone Season, Samantha Shannon has such great world building. It’s drip fed in slowly so it never feels like you’re finding out all this information at once.
4) A Christmas Carol: Favourite classic or one that you want to read
Pride and Prejudice, I’m a cliche what can I say. I want to read some Dickens though. I won’t start with A Christmas Carol, but maybe I’ll end with it…
5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas
There are so many. Maybe the Rebel of the Sands trilogy. Or rather more accurately, the first two before the final one comes out early next year.
6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
The Night Circus, what a surprise that this has come up…the parts that are second person narrative and snapshots into parts of the circus that you’ve usually just read being created. It makes you feel like you’re there. And I love it.
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favourite book covers?
I am a sucker for a pretty cover. My edition of The Red Queen is a thing of beauty. Then there are so many others. Caraval arrived into my life this week and it’s a beauty.
8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favourite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favourite Christmas memories?
I am in charge of making the house look all festive, and so that’s my thing. I think the decorations and tree is coming down this week and so that’s where we’re at with that. The process of finding places to put the decorations and sticking tinsel everywhere is pretty therapeutic. And also a sure fire to way to festive.
And there we have it!
Parentheses count: 0. See you tomorrow!
Find me here: