My Little Box
Beauty

My Little Box – February

Hi, Hey, Hello!

So it’s time for another My Little Box review. February’s box arrived at just the right time when I had had a particularly long feeling day at work and just needed a little pick me. Unboxing this proved to do just that.

The theme last month was ‘Home’

My Little Box - February - Home
My Little Box – February – Home

The box itself was just very calming and relaxing to look at, or maybe I was just so ready to sit down and take the weight off my feet that even just looking at a cartoon sitting in a chair had semi restorative properties for me. Either way I was excited to open it.

My Little Box - February - Home
My Little Box – February – Home

This was the sight that greeted me when I prised the top of the box off and by this point I had pretty much fallen into my sofa out of sheer bliss. I have no idea where I will actually put anything even close to a photo frame right now, nor do I have a picture to put in it, buuutttt it’s kinda cute and will at some point be put to good use.

My Little Box - February - Home
My Little Box – February – Home

This magazine this month basically created the Pinterest problem that was mentioned on the opening page (‘It usually happens after you’ve spent the better part of an hour on Pinterest, pinning 94 near-identical minimalist, monochrome interior on your “Dream Home” board’). I have a minor obsession with doing this though. I like looking at kitchens and living rooms and the way they are set up and created. It’s kind of a fact that when I start something with new characters and they are apparently gonna stick around for longer than 500 or so words that I build living spaces in my head before I flesh out characters to be honest (seriously the whole Snapshot thing started because I was thinking about kitchens). So I closed it with a strong desire to fantasy build. Which is even funnier if you ever saw the state of my room at all times. It’s a mess.

Anyway, this month’s box also came with a cushion cover. Now I have a cushion (I have a couple actually), it already has a cover but I mean I could change it at any point if I ever stop being so lazy and also actually spent long enough in my room to change the damn cushion cover. It looks like this:

My Little Box - February - Home
My Little Box – February – Home

Finally the little bag of beauty goodies looked like this in February:

My Little Box - February - Home
My Little Box – February – Home

In all honesty I haven’t actually used the face mask yet, mainly because I have other beauty bits that I should probably use up before I start on something new (and that is a sentence I never thought I would say, seriously my lack of skin care for years was ridiculous). But I have used the other two.

I have morphed into one those people this winter season who requires hand cream to be by my side at all times. This one has taken to residing on my desk at work and is getting quite the workout as this cold chill strips all moisture out of my hands and leaves them dry. It’s a lifesaver. It’s not greasy and dries really quickly which is useful because I need to hold pens and type and stuff and a basic grip on things is funnily enough quite handy. It also smells quite nice and is really refreshing, so clearly those artic berries are doing something right. Hopefully it will see me through until some warmer climates have arrived and my hands have stopped suffering.

The other little tube is basically an illuminating cream. I got ill in February and my skin started to take the main brunt of it as everything seemed to fall apart. But that I mean I stopped sleeping properly and I spent about 80% of my time trying not to cough and the remaining 20% actually coughing and my voice also decided that it may or may not stick around. (It still hasn’t made it’s mind up to be honest, even now.) It may be psychological but I did think that it brightened up my skin. It made my skin look a bit more dewy and there was definitely some subtle shine involved. In the light of my bathroom I worried that my face looked a bit too glittery, however I was staring at my face quite intently quite up close in a bright light, of course I was going to notice (and if I put my face in my hands they did come back looking a little shimmery), but in the actual world it was fine. It really brightened up my complexion and made me look not sick, which was fantastic.

And so concludes February’s My Little Box review. Hope you enjoyed it!

Parentheses count: 6. See you tomorrow!

Main sign off


Find me here:

Twitter Instagram Bloglovin’

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.