Hi, Hey, Hello!
Part of me feels like it is going against the grain to do something with the word resolutions in the title when we are now finally out of the first month of the year, but here we are, it’s a tag post. I like books. I like reading. This is where we are.
Welcome to February.
(Oh also, I saw this post over here)
1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before).
Alwyn Hamilton was one, but I’m reading her books now. Victoria Aveyard’s is also someone’s books that I’m excited to read. And just because of the continual hype Sarah J Maas.
2. A book you’d like to read.
Ummmmm, every book on my reading list this year.
3. A classic you’d like to read.
Sense and Sensibility Jane Austen is (I think) the only classic I have scheduled to read this year.
4. A book you’d like to re-read.
I am not big on re-reading just because I always start thinking about the new books I could be reading, but there is a part of me that is really itching to re-read both Pride and Prejudice and also Philosopher’s Stone.
5. A book you’ve had for ages and want to read.
Again, there are so many. I’m slowly making my way through them. I actually cannot remember when most of my books actually entered my life and therefore I cannot provide an accurate answer.
6. A big book you’d like to read.
IT, Stephen King. It stresses me out how big it is whenever I see it on a bookshelf.
7. An author you’ve previously read and want to read more of.
I will not rest until I have read all of Neil Gaiman’s bibliography.
8. A book you got for Christmas and would like to read.
I didn’t get any books for Christmas that I didn’t buy myself. I guess the ones that I got closest to that period of time would be The Belles which has just entered my life and I am excited to get to it later this year.
9. A series you want to read from start to finish.
I am currently doing that with Rebel in the Sands but also The Red Queen series.
10. A series you want to finish that you’ve already started.
Almost all of them. I have started so many series’ in my time. The Lunar Chronicles is the one that comes to mind the quickest. It’s been over 2 years since I read the first one.
11. Do you set reading goals? If so, how many books do you want to read in 2018?
I do set reading goals. Or at least I have started doing so over the past couple of years just because it helps to focus me a little bit more in terms of reading and not getting overwhelmed by choices.
12. Any other reading goals?
Not really. I mean read more things outside of fiction, which I can actually achieve this year as there are a lot of non-fiction books on my list which is the most I’ve read in a while.
Find me here: