Hi, Hey, Hello!
So, it’s the start of a new week and the start of the first full working week of the year. And also the final time that I am going to get reflective about the year that has just passed. So I’m going to talk about the 5 good things that happened last year.
1) I got a pay rise – It seems kind of ridiculous that this is the thing that tops my list, but it happened twice this year and so it is. My job is my main cause of stress and this year it really ramped up, especially over the last quarter of the year, so this almost makes it worth it. Almost.
2) I went on holiday – An actual honest to go holiday where I didn’t have to do anything. I spent a week just lazing about and eating and getting some sun. Just truly taking some time off and get way from all the stress just felt really good.
3) I saw Hamilton. Twice. – That happened. I’m pretty sure there was a playlist at some point in 2016 where it was effectively all Hamilton songs. Part of me had resided myself to never seeing it because there was a part of me that didn’t think it would transfer over to the West End and then it did. And of course the tickets went on sale when I had to go into a meeting. But my mum got tickets in the pre-sale and so we went for dad’s birthday and then R got two pre-sale tickets for the 30th and so I saw it back to back Saturdays. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. It was a delightful to close out the year.
4) Exercise – I really upped my game when it came to exercise this year because it felt like my only release from the craziness that was my life and it became a really useful tool for me to try and calm down on occasion and get back to myself. This year was rough mentally for me and things felt kind of helpless for a couple of months, but when it all went tits up I had to remind myself that exercise was there for me and it was always a way to remind myself that I am stronger than I think.
5) Reading – I surpassed my reading goal for 2017 and it felt good. To be honest, it never really at any point felt like I wasn’t going to do it. Yes, there were two books that I wanted to read last year that I didn’t, but it was no stress for me. I read 53 books last year, which is just about more than one a week. I love reading and I love that I got to do it so much last year.
And those are the 5 things. What about you? What are the things that liked about 2017?
Parentheses count: 0. See you tomorrow!
Find me here: