Hi, Hey, Hello!
Technically this title is bullshit because technically autumn hasn’t started yet because we’re still in the summer, but my summer reading list took me to August and well that is now nearly done and so here we are throwing this word around entirely too early.
Okay, I did a lot of accidental book buying in July/earlier this month. Me trying to avoid falling into a reading slump meant new and unowned to me apparently and so that was what I did. I bought a lot of books. I am now on a book buying ban, which should be kinda easy because I have so many damn books on pre-order (and they all seem to come out in the same 2 weeks in October, so that will be interesting). I don’t really know how this is gonna work though because looking at the 2018 Reading Challenge shelf there are a lot of books on there that I don’t actually own yet and kind of will need to buy at some point and then also whenever I go on a book buying ban the urge to buy books becomes too much and I end up binge buying. I don’t know, for now this list will be comprised of books that I actually own.
1) The Shadow of the Wind – Yes, this was on my summer list, no I didn’t read it. Yes, it will actually happen this time.
2) What If It’s Us – Technically this is not in my possession yet because it is due to be published in October. It’s one of the pre-ordered books that will make itself known in October.
3) A Darker Shade of Magic – I’m pumped to read this book. I’m just really excited to finally read some V.E Schwab.
4) Vicious– This is not an official book on the list. However I seem to be loving the bonus books right now and I do actually own this because I impulse bought it earlier this year due to the cover (I do judge them by that what I can say, I’m a sucker for a real pretty book).
5) Vengeful – This is also a pre-order due to arrive into my life in September and also the sequel to Vicious, because we all know that I needed yet another series in my life.
6) Godsgrave – Knowing that the final book of this series is not due until next year has made the prospect of reading this more appealing because I’m no longer holding out for the finale
7) Fight Club – Again, was supposed to read this over the summer, but I didn’t. So now I will.
8) London Fields – I still think I am putting off reading this because it hits wayyyy too close to home as I literally spend 40 hours a week in this area and I’m worried it might change my perception of it.
9) The Little Friend – This book is a beast and it will also complete the Donna Tartt bibliography for me.
10) The Uncommon Type – Let’s see what Tom Hanks to offer as a writer.
11) City of Ghosts – And yet another VE Schwab book makes the list. It is also currently already in my life and to be honest I may have already read it by the time that this posts and as I write it I’m just waiting for it to be delivered.
So that’s an extra 8 books from my actual list on here and then some extra VE Schwab thrown in for good measure. Books that are also going to make an appearance in my life in October are: Bridge of Clay,, Markus Zusak Runaways: Volume 2, Rainbow Rowell, to make monsters out of girls, amanda lovelace and This Will Only Hurt a Little, Busy Philips. I am also on holiday for like 2 weeks, one of which I think will be spent on the coast, so in theory this is a good time to get some reading done.
I’m gonna address all the books that I have still on the official shelf at some point, there may need to be another cull. There may not be. I don’t know. There are some there that I do actually really wanna read (most of the autobiographical ones tbh) but there are others that honestly I can take or leave.
I just need to get to 70.
Parentheses count: 3. See you on Monday!
Find me here: