Hi, Hey, Hello!
This title is way more dramatic than necessary to be honest.
I basically run out of ideas and then had to frantically search for them on the internet because I was one post short for the month. And then I found it.
I am going to list my top 3 favourite books from this year (so far) and also my 3 least favourites. Now I am fully aware that I have still got 4 and a half books left to go with this year, but I know what lies ahead of me and I don’t really see them being contenders for either of these (I’m reserving judgement on Florence Grace because I don’t actually know whether I do hate it, I only read 20 pages and the book just didn’t come at the right time). So I feel like I am in a place to do a mini final, semi overall, review of my 2017 read books.
1) The Graces – My gosh did I love this book. It was all things witchy and dark and so many other things that I just love about literature and all that jazz. Ugh, it introduced me to so many great new characters and a delightful new world and I am so excited for the sequel.
2) And I Darken – I fell in love with this book so hard and fast it was just so great. It’s kind of a genre that I don’t really tend to mess with as I try and avoid things that play too much with historical elements because that’s just not my thing. I dunno, a module at uni nearly 6 years ago really did history in for me and I just can’t cope with it or something.
3) The Muse – Okay, so it was a toss up between this and Nevernight but this won. It took me on so many twists and turns. It caused me to react so many times and it made me feel some kind of way. It also gave me a chance to return to Burton’s writing.
1) Holding up the Universe – It’s not that I hated this book, but also it didn’t really leave any impact on me at all. It wasn’t a YA book that I feel needs to be read. Or at least it wasn’t when I read it.
2) Our Chemical Hearts – Kind of the same as above.
3) Grimm’s Fairytales – Honestly, there was no need for me to read of them to be brutally honest. They made no impact for the most part and the ones that I knew, well I know them pretty damn well. It took me weeks to make it from cover to cover and I’m so glad that it’s finally done and I never have to do it again…
And there we have it.
I mean honestly I have loved quite a few books that I’ve read this year, so I feel like that Top 3 is an ever changing beast. But at this present moment in time this is where we stand.
Do you have any favourite/least favourite reads?
Parentheses count: 2. See you tomorrow!
Find me here: